Saturday, 19 May 2007

Miss Snark has announced her retirement.

I'm saddened, but not surprised. Only the most saintly and hardened individual could possibly put up with the various degrees of nitwittery I have witnessed on that blog over the last two years and two million posts.

And I was one of them. I thought I knew what I was doing when I first started out, and I cringe when I look at my first query letters. Prospective agents must have taken one look, and thought "Newbie. This one needs to read Miss Snark's blog more often."

I don't have an agent yet, but because of Miss Snark, Evil Editor and Elektra's Crapometer, as well as my lovely friends at Romance Writers Unlimited, I was able to crank out a fairly decent novel.

I am now able to negotiate the labyrinth of the publishing world without looking like a nitwit, but I am fully aware that I have a long way to go. I will miss Miss Snark, and so will many others. I'll try to apply what I've learned. I'll go through her archives to find anything I've missed. I strongly suggest that new writers do the same. Her blog will stay up for that purpose. Here it is: www.misssnark.blogspot.com

Sure, she had many snippets of wisdom, but what I'll miss most of all is her cutting humour and the way she responded to my non-nitwit emails with thanks and a chuckle that I could hear over the cybersphere.

I lift a G&T to you, Miss Snark.

1 comment:

Clover said...

You've been tagged with 8 other Wild Rose Press writers. Go to my blog for details.

Oh, Miss Snark. Where will we be without her?