Wednesday 30 January 2008

I get rewarded for lying

People may think that authors think only of themselves while clawing their way to the top of the New York Times Bestseller List, but that is not the case. They lean on each other, encourage each other, and applaud their fellow authors' successes.

Many of my blogging buddies participated in a very special debut book launch yesterday, the paperback release of Patry Francis' The Liar's Diary. Patry was recently diagnosed with cancer and is unable to participate in the necessary book launch tours because of her illness. I didn't find out about the online launch until late in the game, but I participated in a fun little lying contest on Church Lady's blog.

My cheeky poem about Jack and Jill garnered me a gratis copy of Patry's book. Isn't the cover intriguing?

I wish Patry a speedy recovery and I'll read her book with great interest.

6 comments:

Stephen Parrish said...

Thanks for pitching in, Chumplet!

Chris Eldin said...

Thanks for posting!!!
:-)

Josephine Damian said...

Chumplet, you saucy minx, congrats on winning CL's Jack and Jill contest.

Did you see that Kanani gave us both a shout out:

http://writerimpossible.blogspot.com/2008/01/irreverent-conferencing.html

Sandra Cormier said...

Thanks guys! Josephine, Kanani posted it first on her Easy Writer blog -- I thought you would have noticed, you other saucy minx!

http://easy-writer.blogspot.com/2008/01/writer-impossible-avant-garde.html

SzélsőFa said...

(Potato pancakes sounds a great name, Chumplet:)
These are thicker and not as mush flexible, though...)

Sandra Cormier said...

Oh, they are definitely like what you describe -- shredded potatoes with egg and flour, salt and pepper, and you drop spoonfuls in hot oil and fry on both sides. I could never get it right, though. My mom made good ones. Crunchy!