Sunday, 2 March 2008

Timing is Everything in Bookland

People in the publishing industry say timing is everything when releasing a book, whether it be a nonfiction book related to a world event or a fiction book riding on the coattails of a major social trend. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I've been noticing a lot of hockey in the entertainment news lately.

Two movies are being released with the Toronto Maple Leafs in the story line. In Mike Myers' The Love Guru, (June 20 release) a Toronto Maple Leaf team is vying for the Stanley Cup (haha!). You'll either love or hate this typically hilarious Mike Myers movie, but its release is only a month before Bad Ice.

Breakfast With Scot features a gay couple raising an 11 year old boy. In the movie, the parents are former Leaf players. It's had some exposure in film festivals, but I don't see a major theatre release yet.

I picked up the February issue of Vanity Fair because Indiana Jones was on the cover, and inside is an article about Sean Avery, the New York Rangers bad boy. A snippet: ... Avery has quickly developed the reputation of playing hard on and off the ice, leading him to both the penalty box and the gossip columns, where reports of his club-hopping and active love life have restored a touch of glamour to a sport sorely lacking any.

With all this hockey talk lately, the timing of the July release of Bad Ice might be perfect, even if the only ice we see is in our drinks.

Think cool thoughts.

Photograph of Sean by Bruce Weber, Vanity Fair Magazine.

9 comments:

pjd said...

I think I speak for all of us when I say I hope the hockey momentum pumps up the sales of Bad Ice. I'll have to pick up a copy when it comes out. Didn't we all make a pact to buy any novel that gets published after being grilled on EE's site?

Chumplet said...

I guess that means I have to go through all of EE's threads to see what books I have to buy!

Thanks for the good wishes, Pete!

Bernita said...

COOL!

Josephine Damian said...

Isn't the Stanley Cup played in May? Hockey's such a big thing in Canada and your book offers such a unique world for a romance.

pjd said...

Actually, I think May is defined as the month in which you think the Stanley Cup playoffs end, but they don't.

Chumplet said...

The playoffs generally start in April, and it takes about six to eight weeks for all the divisional winners to be decided, then the finals are usually in late May.

That reminds me - I watched the third game of the Stanley Cup finals while I was in labour, almost 19 years ago. The game was between Montreal and Calgary, the last time two Canadian teams faced off in the final. I sat in the common room at the hospital. The game went into second overtime and finished long before Beth arrived the next day.

The Anti-Wife said...

Great timing for your book. We'll all be thinking very positive thoughts for you!

Ali Katz said...

Best of luck with Bad Ice. I didn't know you were a Hockey fan. Of course, how could I miss it. You're Canadian!!

Sorry, Sandra you've been tagged. Six things about you. Rules on my blog.

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,a片,情趣用品A片,A片,AV女優,色情,成人,做愛,情色,AIO,視訊聊天室,SEX,聊天室,自拍,AV,情色,成人,情色,aio,sex,成人,情色免費A片,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛情色文學,色情A片,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,言情小說,愛情小說,AV片,A漫,AVDVD,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,成人交友,成人電影,成人貼圖,成人小說,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人遊戲,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,成人論壇av女優,av,av片,aio交友愛情館,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,視訊聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,上班族聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,情色聊天室,情色視訊A片,A片,A片下載,做愛,成人電影,.18成人,日本A片,情色小說,情色電影,成人影城,自拍,情色論壇,成人論壇,情色貼圖,情色,免費A片,成人,成人網站,成人圖片,AV女優,成人光碟,色情,色情影片,免費A片下載,SEX,AV,色情網站,本土自拍,性愛,成人影片,情色文學,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人貼圖