Saturday, 20 August 2011

Your Life in 150 Words

Today, I saw a Reader's Digest contest that asks for your life story in 150 words or less. I jumped all over that, and quickly opened a word file before I lost my nerve.
When I copied my 149 words and went to the site, I was disappointed to learn the contest is only open to U.S. Citizens.

Oh, well.

Anyway, I decided to throw my entry up here.

At three years old, I caught fireflies in Trinidad. At four, I drew my first horse in Thunder Bay.

At seven, I watched whales frolic in Chaleur Bay from the top of a snow bank. When I was ten, Kenny and I protested the impending demise of a weeping willow in Pierrefonds by climbing into its branches and refusing to come down.

At sixteen, I spent a year at an international school in Mallorca and learned that I wasn’t so special, yet I was unique. At seventeen, I rode a Berber mare in Algeria. She took the bit and led me on a wild ride before depositing me on my feet with my arms still wrapped around her neck.
At twenty-four, I married the love of my life and had two talented children.

At forty-seven, I wrote my first novel. At fifty-two, I’m still painting, writing, learning... and married.

What's your life story in 150 words?


Shane Stewart said...

very cool. thanks for sharing.

Dexter Klemperer said...

What? No hockey? You could have passed for a U.S. citizen except for the international intrigue. Enjoyed it!

Sandra Cormier said...

I didn't have space to put in the part where I gave Carl Dicks a fat lip with a slap shot while playing pond hockey. He couldn't play the French horn for weeks.

Sarah Laurenson said...

I think the slap shot is your best bit. ;-)

Nicely done!